We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Oily fish
- Salmon fillet
This Japanese inspired salmon dish takes light soy sauce, sake, mirin and sugar for its marinade. Serve with noodles or rice.
5 people made this
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sake
- 4 tablespoons mirin (sweetened rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 (175g) salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:10min ›Extra time:2hr marinating › Ready in:2hr15min
- Mix the soy sauce, sake, mirin and sugar in a shallow dish; place the salmon fillets in the dish, skin side up. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Drain the salmon and reserve the marinade. Pan fry the salmon 4 to 5 minutes per side, gradually adding the marinade to the pan, this will intensify the flavour and help to keep the salmon moist. Serve once the salmon is cooked through and is easily flaked with a fork.
If your local supermarket doesn't stock sake or mirin, you will find them in Chinese/Oriental speciality stores.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (4)
Although there is no such thing as "Salmon Yakitori," since "Yakitori" roughly means "cooked bird," this recipe still works well with fish, too.-11 Mar 2008
altho this recipe didnt really have any reviews, i was excited to try it as i like the flavor of those marinade ingredients. i had my salmon marinated for a day and was even worried the salmon would be too salty/sweet. i was also worried about the possibility of the salmon burning black as that's what happens w/sugar when heated. when i cooked it per the recipe directions, my salmon did burn/turn black and it wasnt even cooked all the way through! tried to salvage it to make it at least edible by covering it and letting it sit so it cooks, but well, pretty disappointing-01 Jul 2010
I used this recipe to marinate the salmon and some mahi mahi. I then grilled the fish. My boys scarfed it down. So Yummy!!-05 Nov 2017