We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Main course
- Seafood curry
- Prawn curry
A quick and easy curry with fresh Thai flavours. You can embellish the dish with a few dashes of fish sauce and lime juice to finish, if liked.
76 people made this
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 (2.5cm) piece fresh root ginger
- 1 green chilli, seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 450g medium prawns, peeled
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 225ml coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- Combine the garlic, ginger, chilli, salt and turmeric in the container of a food processor or blender. Process to a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, and cook until golden. Mix in the spice paste, and cook for a few minutes to release the oils.
- Add prawns, and cook for a few minutes until pink, then add the tomatoes and coconut milk. Cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes, then remove the lid and simmer an additional 5 minutes to thicken the sauce. Stir in the fresh basil during the last minute of cooking.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(77)
Reviews in English (68)
Really niceI forgot to blend the chilli so ended up blending chilli and onion with paste - not sure if that made any difference .... It was a really nice tasty curry, thoroughly enjoyed by all.-01 Sep 2016
this is my favorite dish to cook. i substitute the turmeric with ground cumin, simmer at a higher temp for thickness, and serve over rice. good stuff.-19 Sep 2005
Although this wasn't bad, I was disappointed. I followed the recipe to the T, except I used a 5.5 oz can of coconut milk, which I believe is less than 1 cup. Still, the mixture came out soupy and had to be strained. My food processor (a standard Cuisinart) wouldn't blend the ginger and jalepeno to a paste, the best I could get was a fine dice. I expected more flavor from the recipe, but it turned out rather bland. Perhaps the shrimp should be marinated in the coconut milk/jalepeno/tumeric/ginger mixture?-25 Apr 2004